Boat Alarms Boat Security Systems
The BOATNANNY BOAT ALARM COMPLETE PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- BoatNanny Base Station
- BoatNanny Remote Sensor w/ Float Switch
- BoatNanny Users Guide
- Easy Command Card
- AC Power Adapter
- DC Power Cable
- Cell Phone Antenna
- Remote Sensor Mounting Hardware
- 2 AA alkaline batteries for the Remote Unit
- 4 AA nickel cadmium batteries for the Base Unit
- T-Mobile SIM Card
- Base Unit is powered by 120VAC or the ship's 12-24 Volts DC
systems with built-in rechargeable battery back-up.
- Remote Unit is powered by 2 AA alkaline batteries (guaranteed
for 1 year).
- BoatNanny consumes little power (50mA) and can be used on small
vessels on moorings or at slips with no AC power.
- Easy to program, just send a command text message to the BoatNanny
and it will text or email you if alarm is tripped.
- Can program up to three different contacts if alarm is activated.
- Daily status reports on all boat parameters are sent by text
message to your cell phone.
- No monthly monitoring fees or contracts.
- The pre-installed Datablaze/T-Mobile SIM card
costs under $10/month and includes 300 text messages
a month or, buy your own SIM card from a GSM cellular
carrier (such as AT&T or T-Mobile). Most “pay
as you go” plans range from 10 - 15 cents per
text message. Average cost per year is $100.
The BoatNanny comes standard with one Base Unit and one
Remote Unit. Each unit has its own sensors and can be accessed
by your cell phone. Below is a list of the sensors, what their
function are and where they are located.
- Temperature Sensor - The temperature sensor monitors
the temperature in the boat cabin. You can set the low and high
temperature thresholds. If the temperature goes above or below
the threshold, you will be notified. For example, if the heat
in the boat fails and the temperature falls below the threshold,
an alarm message will be sent.
- Motion Sensor - The motion sensor points toward the
entrance of the cabin. If someone were to enter the boat, it would
trip the motion sensor and notify the customer. The motion sensor
selected is a highly accurate sensor that activates only when
someone enters the detection zone. It is not activated by the
boat rocking, or from curtains moving, etc.
- AC/DC loss of power - The BoatNanny sends an alarm
message to the customer if there is a loss of either AC or DC
power. For instance, if your ship-to-shore power becomes unplugged,
or if your 12V battery becomes discharged, the BoatNanny
will alert you.
- Smoke Detector - The BoatNanny monitors existing
smoke/fire alarm and sends an alarm message when smoke or fire
is in cabin.
- Audio Microphone - Simply call The BoatNanny and
you can listen-in to the activities and audio levels within the
- Temperature Sensor - The temperature sensor in the Remote
Unit monitors the temperature in the engine room. This also has
a high and low threshold. Overheating of the engine or icing of
water in the engine room are examples of when the BoatNanny
would alert you.
- Bilge Water height -- The Remote Unit can be connected
to a wide variety of float switches or water sensors. As soon
as water either trips the float switch or water rises to the water
sensor, the BoatNanny will alert the customer that there
is water entering the boat.
If a motion is detected in your boat, TheBoatNanny has the
ability to connect to a siren.
(siren not included in package, call for details and pricing)
Dual Tone Siren & Stainless Steel Enclosure
117 dB, 4-14 vdc at 1 A
Shown with optional
PR-STL1 Strobe Light
Indoor/outdoor surface mount Siren/Strobe
6-14 volts 105 dB at 12VDC
UV resistant, high impact poly carbonate plastic
WARRANTEES AND GUARANTEES
- BoatNanny is guaranteed for one year. In the event of
defects in materials or workmanship we will repair this product
with new parts, free of charge.
- BoatNanny is a "state of the art" product and
uses industrial grade electronics to operate. This product is
designed using the finest electronics available and will last
for many years with proper care.
If there is a specific need for a particular sensor that you might
want to add to the system, please contact us. We are always looking
for more options to add to the BoatNanny.